Achilles tendinitis is a common overuse injury experienced by men and women, especially those who either have recently become physically active or those who suddenly increase the intensity of their existing training regimen. It is important to recognize the symptoms of this injury so you can receive the care you need promptly before the condition worsens.
The most commonly experienced symptoms of Achilles tendinitis include:
- Pain in the back of your heel or pain along the Achilles tendon that becomes worse during physical activity
- Discomfort and stiffness along the tendon first thing in the morning
- Severe pain the day after exercising
- A painful lump above the heel along the Achilles tendon
- Swelling that is present all the time, but becomes increasingly severe with activity throughout the course of the day
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you may have a case of Achilles tendinitis. It is important to schedule an appointment with one of our podiatrists for a thorough foot exam. To request an appointment at any of our five Florida offices, give us a call at 407-339-7759 or 352-589-9550 (if calling from Lake County) and we will be happy to help. You can also request your appointment for our Orlando, Lake Mary, Altamonte Spring, Kissimmee, or Tavares offices online.