There are many conditions treated with orthotic devices, including:
- Bunions – Orthotics play an instrumental role in managing symptoms and easing the pain often associated with bunions.
- Calluses – We may prescribe orthotics to alleviate weight bearing pressure for painful calluses on the ball of the foot.
- Arch Abnormalities – Both high and low arches can benefit from custom orthotics that redistribute pressure across the foot and/or control pronation abnormalities.
- Hallux Rigidus (Stiff Big Toe) – Morton extension inlays and rocker bottom soles can ease the difficulty and pain from walking with a stiff big toe.
- Toe Deformities – In addition to bunions, other toe deformities (hammertoe, claw and mallet toes) often benefit from accommodative orthotic devices.
- Neuropathic Ulceration – Ulcer prevention is essential for diabetic individuals. Wearing cushioned orthotics can relieve pressure on the feet.
- Plantar Fasciitis – Felt, rubber, or silicone heel inserts can be used in treating and preventing this common source of heel pain.
There are certainly other conditions that can benefit from custom orthotics, but the best way to know if orthotics will benefit you is to make an appointment at Foot & Ankle Associates of Florida. Call us for more information at either 407-339-7759 or 352-589-9550 (if you call from Lake County). You can also request an appointment online.