While you may not consider a foot or ankle problem to be a life-altering circumstance, the truth is that these conditions can affect the way you live your life. Pain or discomfort can alter your mobility, causing you to become less active.
A chronic ailment such as toenail fungus or athlete’s foot can prevent you from wearing sandals or participating in your favorite activities. If you are suffering from diabetes, even a small cut on your foot can quickly become a serious health problem.
Our Florida Podiatrists Handle All of Your Foot and Ankle Needs
Foot & Ankle Associates of Florida is pleased to provide full-service podiatric care for patients of all ages. Each of our convenient locations is staffed with podiatric physicians and a great support team who specialize in the treatment of disease or injury to the foot and ankle. From routine checkups to sports injuries to surgery, we work to get you back on your feet and pain-free as quickly and safely as possible. Contact us today to make an appointment at one of our central Florida offices!
Our podiatrists can address many painful foot and ankle conditions, including:
- Bunions and Hammertoes. Often caused by genetics, a bunion is one of the most common joint deformities. The big toe tends to point inward, forcing the joint outward at the base of the toe. A bunion is often extremely painful and may require surgery to correct. Similarly, an imbalance in strength between the muscles and tendons of the toes can cause the second or third toe into a permanently bent position called hammertoe. We can explore both surgical and non-surgical options to relieve the pain and prevent the condition from recurring.
- Conditions We Treat. We provide comprehensive on-site care for many common foot ailments, including ingrown toenails, athlete’s foot, heel spurs, corns and calluses, nerve pain, tendonitis, flat feet, arthritic foot care, and geriatric foot care. We also offer both over-the-counter and custom orthotic devices to correct gait problems and relieve pain.
- Diabetic Foot Care. Patients who have been diagnosed with diabetes are at significant risk of suffering foot injuries due to neuropathy. Patients who have nerve damage in their extremities may be unable to feel their feet, making it difficult to feel injuries from stepping on sharp objects or from wearing shoes that do not fit properly. We perform regular foot care and intervention for diabetic patients, and set up a treatment plan to keep your feet moisturized and strengthen foot skin to prevent breakage.
- Laser Treatments. We are proud to offer MLS® (Multiwave Locked System) Laser Therapy to help chronic sufferers of painful foot conditions, including tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, and ankle sprains. The MLS® laser is a safe and effective way to reduce swelling and inflammation and stimulate wound healing in the tissue of the foot, relieving pain and reducing recovery times. We also provide FDA-approved laser treatment (Fotona Laser) for toenail fungus. For those living in Florida, toenail fungus can become a chronic problem. Laser treatment for this condition has proven extremely successful in eliminating the fungus and making you proud to show off your toes again.
- Reconstructive Surgery. Foot and ankle surgery may be necessary to restore balance or correct deformities that prevent you from participating in your daily activities. There are many factors that can cause ankle weakness or malfunction—including birth defects, diseases, and rupture of the Achilles tendon. For your convenience, we perform some minor surgeries right in our offices, with more extensive procedures done in outpatient surgery centers and hospitals throughout the greater Orlando area.
- Trauma to the Feet or Ankles. Ankle sprains, fractures, and other trauma to the feet and ankles will often require realignment and fixation to allow the feet and ankles to function properly. We work with you to discover the optimal solution after a foot or ankle injury, and guide you through the healing process for the best possible results.
- Wound Care. It is vital that wounds be treated as quickly and comprehensively as possible, especially for patients with diabetes. We can relieve the pressure, remove dead skin and foreign objects from wounds, prescribe appropriate oral medications, or suggest a topical alternative to promote faster healing.
We Make it Easy to Get Relief From Your Foot and Ankle Problems
Our podiatrists are available to help patients throughout central Florida, with offices in Altamonte Springs, Kissimmee, Mt Dora, Lake Mary, and Orlando. Call the number on this page or fill out our online contact form to request an appointment today at a location near you!